Lions Ground creates technologies and services that allow people to interact with one another, form communities, and evolve as individuals. Except where we clearly specify that separate terms (and not these) apply, these Terms govern your use of Lions Ground, Messenger, and the other goods, features, apps, services, technologies, and software we offer. Lions Ground has presented you with these products.
You will not be charged for using Lions Ground or any of the other products or services covered by these Terms. Businesses and organizations, on the other hand, pay us to display you advertisements for their products and services. By using our Products, you consent to us showing you advertisements & classifieds. We DON’T use your personal information to help us decide which advertisements to show you except for the third party we applied called Google Adsense who uses your cookies to provide you relevant banner ads on Lions Ground.
We don’t sell or disclose anything that directly identifies you (such as your name, email address, or other contact information) with advertising. We don’t provide marketers with insights on ad performance that help them better understand how people interact with their content. Your privacy really matters to us.
1. The services that we offer
Our goal is to empower people to form communities and bring the UFO community closer together. To assist you in achieving this goal, we provide the following products and services:
Provide you with a unique experience:
From the posts, forum interactions, events, classifieds, jobs, and other content you see in News Feed or groups you follow, your Lions Ground experience is unlike anyone else’s.
Connect you with people and organizations you care about:
Across all Lions Ground Products, we help you identify and connect with people, groups, businesses, organizations, and others who matter to you. Better communities are built on stronger links, and we believe our services are most beneficial when people are connected to the people, groups, and organizations that matter to them.
Empower you to express yourself and communicate about what matters to you:
There are many ways to express yourself on Lions Ground and to communicate with friends and others about what matters to you – for example, sharing status updates, photos, videos, and stories across the Lions Ground Products you use, sending messages to a friend or several people, creating groups, or adding content to your profile.
To assist you in finding content, products, and services that may be of interest to you:
We display advertisements, Google Adsense, classifieds, and other sponsored material to assist you in discovering content, products, and services provided by businesses and organizations that use Lions Ground.
Protect and promote our community while combating negative behavior:
People will only develop a community on Lions Ground if they feel comfortable. We act hard on misuse of our products, harmful behavior toward others, and circumstances where we may be able to assist or safeguard our community. If we become aware of inappropriate content or activity, we will take appropriate action, such as offering assistance, removing content, restricting access to particular services, suspending an account, or alerting police enforcement. When we notice misuse or harmful behavior by someone using one of our Products an unbiased and hard fist will be used to keep you feeling comfortable.
Enable global access to our services:
In order to provide our global service, we must store and distribute material and data in our data centers and systems all over the globe, including outside your home country. Lions Ground may run or control this infrastructure.
2. How our services are funded
Instead of paying to enjoy Lions Ground and the other products and services we provide, you agree that by using the Lions Ground Products covered by these Terms, you consent to us showing you adverts that businesses and organizations pay us to promote on and off the Lions Ground Products. We don’t utilize information about your behavior and interests, as well as your personal data. However, Google Adsense uses your browser data like internet history and cookies to offer you adverts that are more relevant to you.
We built our ad system with the goal of protecting people’s privacy in mind and we won’t share or sell your data. Google Adsense can display you relevant and useful adverts without revealing your identity to advertisers by means of browser history and cookies. Your personal information is never sold. Our direct advertisers will only be informed with general site analytic data (for example, city, country, total website traffic, type of device).
We also provide advertisers with ad performance reports to assist them understand how users interact with their content both on and off Lions Ground. For example, to assist advertisers better understand their audience, we provide generic demographic and interest information derived from Google Analytics (for example, that an ad was seen by a woman between the ages of 25 and 34 who resides in Madrid and enjoys software engineering). We don’t share information that directly identifies you or violates your privacy (information like your name or email address that may be used to contact you or identify who you are).
We don’t gather and won’t utilize your personal information to provide you with the services described above. Google Adsense offers you choices about the types of advertising and advertisers you see, as well as the types of data they use to choose which ads to show you. Find out more here.
3. Your responsibilities to the Lions Ground and our community
These services are provided to you and others to aid in the advancement of our mission. In exchange, we ask that you agree to the following:
1. Who is eligible to use Lions Ground?
Our community is safer and more trustworthy when people stand behind their words and actions. As a result, you should:
- Use the same name you use on a regular basis.
- Give complete and accurate personal details.
- Create a single account (your own) and use your timeline for personal reasons solely.
- Do not reveal your password, grant others access to your Lions Ground account, or transfer your account to another person (without our permission).
We attempt to make Lions Ground accessible to everyone, but you cannot use it if:
- You are under the age of eighteen.
- You’ve been convicted of sex offenses.
- Your account was previously disabled due to a violation of our Terms and Policies.
- According to current regulations, you are not permitted to receive our items, services, or software.
2. What can you do and publish on Lions Ground?
We encourage people to use Lions Ground to express themselves and share stuff that is essential to them, but not at the expense of other people’s safety and well-being, or our community’s integrity. As a result, you undertake not to engage in the following conduct (or to assist or support others in doing so):
You may not do or share any of the following with our Products:
- This is a violation of these Agreements, our Community Standards, and any other terms and policies that govern your usage of Lions Ground.
- That is illegal, deceptive, discriminatory, or fraudulent.
- This infringes or violates the rights of others, including intellectual property rights.
- You may not upload viruses or malicious code, or do anything else that could disable, overburden, or damage our Products’ functionality or appearance.
- You may not use automated ways to access or collect data from our Products (without our consent) or attempt to access data that you do not have permission to access.
We have the authority to remove or ban content that violates these terms.
Unless you seriously or repeatedly violate these Terms, or unless doing so may expose us or others to legal liability; harm our community of users; compromise or interfere with the integrity or operation of any of our services, systems, or Products; or where we are restricted due to technical limitations, we will let you know and explain any options you have to request another review.
We invite you to report information or behavior that you believe violates your rights (including intellectual property rights) or our terms and policies to help support our community.
If we determine that removing or restricting access to your content, services, or information is reasonably necessary to avoid or minimize harmful legal or regulatory repercussions on Lions Ground, we may do so.
3. The authorizations you grant us
To deliver our services, we require the following permissions from you:
- Permission to use content you create and post: Intellectual property laws may protect some of the content you share or upload, such as images or videos.
You hold all intellectual property rights (such as copyright and trademarks) in any such content you create and share on Lions Ground and other Lions Ground Company Products. Nothing in these Terms infringes on your rights to your own material. You have complete freedom to share your content with whomever you want, whenever you want.
Nonetheless, in order for us to perform our services, you must provide us some legal permissions (referred to as a “license”) to use this content. This information is collected exclusively for the purpose of providing and developing our products and services, as mentioned in Section 1 above.
You grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, and worldwide license to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate, and create derivative works of your content when you share, post, or upload content that is protected by intellectual property rights on or in connection with our Products (consistent with your privacy and application settings). This implies that whenever you share a photo on Lions Ground, you’re giving us permission to save, copy, and share it with others (again, according to your preferences), such as service providers who support our service or other Lions Ground Products you use. When your work is removed from our systems, this license will expire.
By deactivating your account, you can delete content one by one or all at once. Find out how to delete your account in more detail. Before you delete your account, you can download a copy of your data at any time.
When you delete content, it is no longer visible to other people, but it may still reside on our systems in the following places:
a. Due to technical limits, immediate deletion is not possible (in which case, your stuff will be erased within 90 days of your deletion);
b. Others have used your work in compliance with this license and have not yet removed it (in which case this license will remain in effect until the content is removed); or
c. Where our ability to: investigate or identify illegal activity or violations of our terms and policies (for example, to identify or investigate misuse of our Products or systems); comply with a legal obligation, such as the preservation of evidence; or comply with a request from a judicial or administrative authority, law enforcement, or government agency;
In that situation, the content will be kept for no longer than is required for the purposes for which it was kept (the exact duration will vary on a case-by-case basis).
This license shall remain in effect until the content has been completely removed in each of the instances mentioned above.
- Permission to update software you use or download: By downloading or using our software, you agree to allow us to download and install updates as they become available.
4. Limitations on the use of our intellectual property
We maintain all rights to content covered by intellectual property rights that we own and make available in our Products (for example, photographs, graphics, videos, or sounds that you add to content you produce or upload on Lions Ground) (but not yours). Only use our copyrights or trademarks (or any comparable marks) if our Brand Usage Guidelines clearly allow it or with our prior written authorization. To change, produce derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise seek to extract source code from us, you must first receive our explicit permission (or authorization under an open source license).
4. Additional clauses
1. Changing our Terms of Service
We’re always working to enhance our services and add new features to make our products better for you and the community. As a result, we may need to alter these Terms from time to time to reflect our services and activities more precisely. Only if the provisions are no longer suitable or incomplete, and only if the adjustments are reasonable and take into account your interests, will we make any changes.
Unless modifications to these Terms are required by law, we will tell you (for example, by email or through our Products) at least 30 days before they take effect and give you the chance to review them before they take effect. If you continue to use our Products after any amended Terms become effective, you will be bound by them.
We hope you will continue to use our Products, but you can deactivate your account at any time if you do not agree to our amended Terms and no longer wish to be a part of the Lions Ground community.
2. Account suspension or deletion
We want Lions Ground to be a place where people can express themselves and share their opinions in a secure and welcoming environment.
We may suspend or permanently disable your account if we determine that you have plainly, seriously, or repeatedly violated our Terms or Policies, including our Community Standards. If you regularly infringe on other people’s intellectual property rights, or if we are obliged to do so by law, we may suspend or disable your account.
Unless doing so would expose us or others to legal liability, harm our community of users, compromise or interfere with the integrity or operation of any of our services, systems, or Products; where we are restricted due to technical limitations; or where we are prohibited from doing so for legal reasons, we will let you know and explain any options you have to request a review.
If you believe we have disabled your account incorrectly, please contact us.
These Terms will expire as an agreement between you and us if you delete or we disable your account, although the following provisions will continue in effect: 3.3.1, 4.2-4.5.
3. Liability limits
Nothing in these Terms should be construed to reduce or exclude our liability for death, bodily harm, or fraudulent misrepresentation caused by our carelessness, or to affect your statutory rights.
We shall exert professional care to provide you with our products and services and to maintain a safe, secure, and error-free environment. We do not accept responsibility for losses that are not caused by our breach of these Terms or other acts; losses that are not reasonably foreseeable by you and us at the time of entering into these Terms; or events beyond our reasonable control, provided that we have acted with professional diligence.
We make every effort to establish clear guidelines so that we can limit or, hopefully, avoid disagreements between you and us. If a dispute does emerge, it’s helpful to know where it can be settled and what laws will apply ahead of time.
If you are a consumer with a habitual residence in a European Union Member State, the laws of that Member State will govern any claim, cause of action, or dispute you have against us arising out of or relating to these Terms or the Lions Ground Products (“claim”), and you may resolve your claim in any competent court in that Member State with jurisdiction over the claim. In all other situations, you agree that the claim must be handled in a competent court in Spain, and that Irish law, without respect to conflict of law provisions, will govern these Terms and any claim.
- The whole agreement between you and Lions Ground about your use of our Products is contained in these Terms (previously known as the Statement of Rights and Responsibilities). They take precedence over any previous agreements.
- If any part of these Terms is deemed to be unenforceable, the remaining terms will continue to be valid. It will not be considered a waiver if we fail to enforce any of these Terms. Any change to these Terms, including a waiver, must be made in writing and signed by us.
- Without our permission, you will not transfer any of your rights or duties under these Terms to anyone else.
- If your account is memorialized, you can nominate someone to handle it (known as a legacy contact). After your account has been memorialized, only your legacy contact or someone you’ve named in a valid will or comparable document expressing explicit consent to disclose your content upon death or incapacity will be able to access it.
- There are no third-party beneficiary rights conferred by these Terms. We have the right to freely assign all of our rights and responsibilities under these Terms in conjunction with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- You should be aware that in some cases, we may need to modify your account’s username (for example, if someone else claims the username and it appears unrelated to the name you use in everyday life). If this is necessary, we will notify you in advance and explain why.
- Your comments and recommendations about our products and services are always welcome. However, you should be aware that we are free to use them without restriction or compensation, and we are not obligated to keep them private.
- Community Standards
- Cookies Policy
- Corrections Policy
- Ethics Policy
- Fact-Checking Policy
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Ownership And Funding Policy
- Refund and Returns Policy
- Terms and Conditions
- Terms of Service
The most recent revision was made on December 14, 2022.