As with all social media websites and communities, we follow these rules which are important to keep lionsground.com running smoothly. Keep in mind that lionsground .com is a privilege, not a right. People who break the rules will be removed from this site.
RESPECT EACH OTHER
Take each other seriously and treat each other with respect. Respond positively and do not attack anyone personally. We do not allow bullying, arguing, swearing, discriminatory or racist remarks. We remove messages in which you ridicule, scold or humiliate someone. Also have respect for our moderators, who do their best to keep this safe, and warm place. You can speak your honest opinion even if you don’t agree with someone, but don’t do it just to argue or hurt.
DON’T BE TOO EXPLICIT
Messages or responses that are too explicit contain too many details or provocative or hurtful words. They can incite others to commit suicide, self-harm, anorexia… or other behavior that harms the body. Do not share methods or tips to make self-harm easier, we will always delete these messages.
WAY OF WRITING
- Write English
- Do not capitalize a message. We see this as calling and we will remove it.
- Make sure your message is easy to read. Don’t use too many exclamation marks, question marks, colors…
- You may not flood: Send messages with meaningless words or sentences.
ALSO NOT ALLOWED:
- ADVERTISEMENT. If you wish to advertise pay a banner slot on the site. Do not sell things!
- QUESTIONNAIRE. We allow a questionnaire where you paste the text directly into a forum message, as long as it does not compromise anonymity (don’t ask too many personal characteristics such as: where you live, where you go to school …) A link to a questionnaire on an external website or via Typeform, Google Forms … we will remove.
- EXTERNAL LINKS. You may share a link to an external website if it is related to the story of the original poster. The moderators will check the external site to make sure it is a reliable source of information and that it does not compromise anonymity. If this is the case, they can delete a message with an external link.
- PERSONAL THANKS. If you want to thank someone or show your appreciation for a nice comment, do this by commenting under a message. Do not create a separate post with an individual thank you, we will delete it.
- SELF PROMOTION. Sharing your own content is allowed throughout the website, but the rule of three does apply.
- OFFENSIVE. Do not post offensive content, images or videos.
RULE OF 3
We do not want self-promotion to be thrown around, so you can make a maximum of three self promotional posts per day.
POSTING MESSAGES AND COMMENTS
CONTENT OF A NEW MESSAGE
- Do you want to post a new message? First check if your question or topic is already on the forum. Use the search bar for this.
- Think of a good title. The title says a lot about the subject. Avoid vague titles such as “Help me” or “What should I do”.
- Limit yourself to one topic. Don’t create duplicate posts (posts with multiple topics) and don’t post the same response twice in a row. We will delete these messages.
- We may not (fully) put stories that are too personal or detailed online and refer you to our other contact channels.
POSTING A RESPONSE TO AN EXISTING MESSAGE
- Don’t pretend to be a moderator.
- Always give reasons when you want to give your opinion.
- Do not post content that are protected by copyright unless you own those rights. Have you copied a text from another source? Mention this source.
PROFILES & MODERATION
POSTING AS ANONYMOUS USER
POSTING UNDER A SUBNAME (TO REMAIN ANONYMOUS)
You can also post under a pseudonym.
CREATE A PROFILE
When you create a profile, you must choose a username and password. Choose something that is easy for you to remember but that you are sure only you know. You will also be allowed to choose a pseudonym. Your pseudonym and avatar are visible in your messages and comments on the forum. We never show your password. This way we can be sure that everyone has a pseudonym that remains completely anonymous and is not used anywhere else on the internet.
You can also add an email address via your profile page, if you wish. That’s useful for:
- to be able to find your profile if you have forgotten your password or username.
- see the status of your posts and comments.
We will never send you any other emails to this email address. We also don’t put any details about which message you posted in our email, and you can’t log in automatically either. Nevertheless, it is best to choose an e-mail address that only you have access to.
YOUR PROFILE PAGE
Your profile page lists all the messages and comments you’ve posted:
- all messages and comments
- all the messages you gave a heart
- Do you use our forum a lot? Then it is best to complete your profile, even if you always want to post as “anonymous”.
ABUSE ON LIONSGROUND.COM
If you violate the rules, we will first check your (next) posts. If you follow the rules, you will be able to post directly with your profile after a while.
When you continue to break the forum rules: Then we can close terminate your account. You will then no longer be able to participate.
Do you see someone not following the rules? Don’t argue. Click on the message or response on “report this message or response”. We will investigate the case. We decide whether abuse has indeed been taken place and whether we take further action.
In the event of (child) pornography or pedophilia, the Federal Computer Crime Unit is immediately involved in all cases. If you have a complaint, do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] lionsground.com.
Last update: 20 November 2021