Hidden by the Freemasons: the man who lived in the future

Paul Amadeus Dienach was a Swiss-Austrian teacher with poor health. His father came from the German-speaking part of Switzerland and his mother was from Austria. Dienach traveled in the fall of 1922 to Greece, a year after he had been lying in a coma after extensive illness. He hoped the climate would do him good.

In Greece Dienach gave French and German lessons. One of his students was George Papahatzis. Before Dienach died in 1924, he confided to his diary to Papahatzis. He wanted that the diary was translated into Greek.

Initially Papahatzis thought Dienach had written a novel, but he soon realized that the notes were a diary … from the future.

The year 3906

Dienach suffered from encephalitis lethargica or epidemic sleeping sickness, which he sometimes suffered serious lethargy. When he was in a coma for a year in a hospital in Geneva, Dienach claimed that he ended up into someone else’s body: Andrew Northam who lived in the year 3906.

When he woken from his coma Dienach didn’t told anyone what he had witnessed. He wrote everything he had seen in his diary. It was for Dienach not easy to describe the year 3906. Many things that he saw he could not place. He was not familiar with the terms, the technology and the evolutionary path that the people had followed.

The people of the year 3906 were familiar with Dienach’s medical condition and told him about the historical events that took place between the 21st and 39th centuries. It took 14 years for Papahatzis to translate the work of Dienach.


In 1944 Dienach’s notes were seized by the Greek army. The pieces were suspicious because they were written in German. The soldiers told Papahatzis that he would get back the diary at a later time. That did not happen, but the translation was already done.

Papahatzis was trying to find relatives of Dienach in Switzerland. Probably he had never used his real name in Greece. At the end of World War II Papahatzis gave the translated diary to some of his friends; Freemasons, Theosophists and professors.


The diary was kept by the lodge where Papahatzis was a member of and was very taken seriously by the Masons. He eventually decided to publish the diary. Due to fierce protests from religious angle and, thanks to the fall of the dictatorship, the first edition was rejected. Nobody wanted to know what would happen in the future at a time when things were so bad in the country.

In 1979 there followed a second edition, but the book soon disappeared from circulation. Papahatzis eventually died and his family did not want to continue his work.

Only 22 years later became Radamanthys Anastasakis, a senior Greek Freemason, interested in the diary. He decided to publish the book on a small-scale. In a number of follow-up articles elaborates on the contents of the 1000-page diary.

Listen to the Podcast by Aaron Wright here.