What is the Facebook photo cover size of a page, group or profile? What are the specs, size and length of a Facebook video cover? This article offers all the answers to your questions and as gift for your patience you can download all Facebook photo covers and video covers for free.
The problem with Facebook covers is the time we live in. There are more mobile users than desktop users, they all come in different screen resolutions. Your cover must have a responsive design. Responsive is a term that describes an approach that makes the Facebook cover displays well on a variety of devices and window or screen sizes.
But don’t you worry because we have taken care of this issue for you.
I advice to upload PNG files instead of JPG. The PNG format is a lossless compression file format, which makes it a common choice for use on the Web. Facebook advice this too.
“For profile pictures and cover photos with your logo or text, you may get a better result by using a PNG file, —says Facebook.
Before we continue, has this helpful article about Facebook photo and video covers not answered your question please do not hesitate to contact me so that I can answer your question in an update so that we can help other people who have the same question.
Let’s start with the most asked question about Facebook …
What is the Facebook page cover photo size?
Your Facebook page presents your business and therefore for that reason it is important that your cover is responsive and has the right dimensions. The last thing you want is that the visitor gets a bad impression of your business because your Facebook page cover looks blurry or pixelated. Remember, your Facebook page cover makes it or breaks it.
- Facebook cover photo size: 820 x 312 pixels.
- Facebook page profile picture size: 170 x 170 pixels or higher. 720 or 960 pixels recommend, lower than 100KB to prevent unwanted compression.
- Facebook page profile picture ratio: 1:1 ratio.
- Facebook page image feed size: 1200 x 630.
- Facebook page image feed ratio: 40:21.
- Facebook note cover photo: 1200 x 445.
- Facebook note cover photo ratio: 240:89.
- Facebook events cover photo: 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- Facebook events cover photo ratio: 16:9.
Below you can see a visual overview of the dimensions.
The template of the Facebook page cover photo is free downloadable. The zip file contains two files. A PSD and to make sure a PNG file if you use a different editing software or online editing App.
What is the Facebook video cover size?
The Facebook video cover is slightly different from the Facebook photo cover.
- Facebook cover video size: 820 x 462 pixels.
- Minimum video duration: 20 seconds.
- Maximum video duration: 90 seconds or 1.5 min.
- Recommend video file: MP4
Be careful with creating your Facebook page video cover. The gray sides are not visible to a desktop user.
Do you find this all too difficult? Download the free template for After Effects with render settings for Adobe Media Encoder that you can easily import.
What is the Facebook group cover photo size?
- Facebook group photo size: 1640 x 856 pixels.
- Facebook cover video ratio: 1.91:1.
The Facebook group cover photo should be prepared for the situation below.
The Facebook group cover photo template contains two files. A PSD and a PNG file.
How to make Youtube thumbnail for Facebook shares?
If a viewer decides to use the share button to share your great video on Facebook, it is often quite likely that the thumbnail is being displayed incorrectly. A Youtube video is displayed on Facebook with a small summary. This summary consists of a title, a snippet of the video description, and a square image. Wait a second? My thumbnail is 1920 x 1080 pixels.
A Youtube thumbnail template is also available for free. The zip file contains a PSD and a PNG file.
I don’t have Adobe Photoshop?
Are you not in possession of the image editing software Photoshop and you find Windows Paint a disaster?
- Visit PIXLR.com
- Launch the app “PIXLR Editor”
- Open the PNG file which is included in the zip template file
- Add new layer
- Dragg the new layer below the template layer file
- Make your design
- Hide the template layer
- Export your creation